Monday, July 20, 2009

Walking in the Dark

I love my husband. I especially love watching the spiritual journey God has him on right now. Since losing his job the first of May, he has committed to not just go for a job that supports our family, but is determined to seek God for what He has for him and our family. The pathway so far has been a bit like walking in the dark.

Chuck and I have been asking God to show us what we are to do. He is extraordinarily quiet, but there is a peace that we should just take step is in front of us. And the steps are new territory. We don't know where they are leading, if anywhere. We've asked for lots of prayer from people who we know have an ear to God, but they are only affirming we are on the path and God has got us.

I know it seems simplistic but walking in faith requires us to walk in the dark, not really knowing for sure where you are going but trusting you are in the right direction. We also trust that God will reroute us if we start heading in the wrong direction. Right now I'm experiencing God's grace in not knowing what is next. And I'm loving watching my husband lead the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting and scary! Onward!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can relate, for I too have been without employment since February. But, I keep going. I pray something will happen soon, for the both of us.

Joules Evans said...

This is beautiful. They say seeing is believing; but I think you have the right idea: believing is walking by faith and not by sight. It is a bold and beautiful thing to witness. And encouraging. Thank you and keep the faith.