Saturday, January 30, 2010

Renewal of My Mind

I found myself in a familiar cyclical pattern this week. I scheduled myself too heavy (need to figure out why I do that), so I worked 3 days from 9:00am t0 9:00 pm with no time to eat or to work out. Because I was so tired, most of my eating consisted of Taco Bell and McDonalds grabbed on the way home. So when I did have a day off, I found myself restless but exhausted and had decided "I'm not going to work out, I'm tired and don't feel well."

Then I get Duane's text. Gym at 2:00 or 2:30 today? Awww snap!

I look at the text and have to make the decision. Do I let him and myself down or get my butt up and go to the gym? This is when the mental argument starts in my head. I feel like a rebellious two year old in my spirit.

"But I don't want to go!" Whhhhhaaaaa! (Image of little demon Karin on my left shoulder)
"But Duane is expecting you. You'll feel better." (Image of angel Karin on my right shoulder)
"Why bother, you haven't lost any weight. What good is it doing?" (Demon Karin)
"But it's only two weeks in and you've already increased in your endurance!" (Angel Karin)

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2 NLT

I met Duane at the gym at 2:00. My first comment to him was again, "I didn't want to come". With his smile and gentle words he said. "I'm glad you did!".

No comments: